Friday, January 6, 2012

Thoughts

It's funny where our thoughts can go as we are driving. I suspect that I am not the only person whose thoughts wander a bit, even as my eyes stay on the road. While driving earlier today, the thought popped into my head that often it still feels surreal that I must tell people my mom is no longer here. Honestly, it still feels like she should be. I am only 32, and she was only 45 when she passed away. I still have a hard time really and truly knowing that she is gone. There is some part of me, and perhaps for any body who has had a loved one pass on, that never truly knows it. I can still just catch my self thinking "she isn't here, and it's weird that she isn't". 

My mother passed away from Ovarian Cancer, and along with those thoughts, I had the thought that perhaps I should use an outlet like this to talk about that cancer, as it isn't one that is mentioned nearly as much as other cancers. So, I think, this year, I will use this blog for more purposes than merely shallow ones. 

Happy New Year!! Take care, and listen to yourselves!


0 comments:

Post a Comment